3 SLASH® EXPRESS 300 HUNTING ARROWS, 2 are INsetBlade® arrows
WARNING! Read these instructions before shooting a SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrow.
WARNING! Prior to use, SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrows should be slowly and gradually flexed to ensure structural integrity, and thoroughly inspected for loose components and/or damage, such as shaft splitting, deformation, or delamination. Using damaged shafts/arrows, or arrows with loose components, can cause serious injury or death and should not be used under any circumstances. After a first use, it is very important to carefully inspect the shaft/arrow and components, as damage may not be readily apparent. If you are not certain of the structural integrity and proper function of the shaft/arrow and components, the arrow should not be reused.
DO NOT SHOOT ARROW IF YOU SEE ANY CRACKS ON THE ARROW SHAFT.
Please read these instructions prior to attempting to use these SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrows. Should you have any questions regarding their use or setup, please contact one of our customer service representatives at 713-444-0788
For the best arrow flight and accuracy, the blades of the broadhead should be aligned with the vanes on the arrow (see Figure 1). For the INsetBlade® Deployable Blades (the blades within the arrow shaft) to function and deploy properly, the INsetBlade® tabs must be offset from the blades of the broadhead in front of them. The broadhead blades MUST NOT align with, or be in front of, the INsetBlade® tabs behind them (see Figure 1).
The cock vane (single color vane) and the top broadhead blade should be UP (see Fig 2).
The INsetBlade® tabs should be at a 90° side angle to the top broadhead blade and cock vane. NOTE proper position of Retention O-ring.
SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrows come pre-assembled but are available unassembled as well. For proper setup, follow these instructions.
For optimal performance, you must align the broadhead blades to the vanes and offset the INsetBlade® Deployable Blades from the broadhead blades. Likewise, the bowstring and nock must be aligned with the top cock vane, maintaining the 90° offset of the INsetBlade®tabs.
- Using a broadhead wrench, screw the broadhead onto the arrow, noting where the position where the blades stop.
- Tighten the broadhead until one of the blades is pointing up at a 90° angle (perpendicular) to the flat edge of the INsetBlade® tabs. The INsetBlade® tabs are small, triangular points extending outward from the shaft when in the closed position. Broadhead blades SHOULD NOT be in line with these INsetBlade® tabs.
- When installing vanes, ensure the cock vane is in line with the bowstring when nocked and is also in line with the top broadhead blade to maintain the 90° angle offset of the INsetBlade® tabs. When nocked, the INsetBlade® tabs should be horizontal.
WARNING! Ensure the INsetBlade® Retention O-ring is installed in its proper location relative to the blades (see Figure 6), prior to shooting. NEVER draw the INsetBlade® Deployable Blades past your bow-holding hand or arrow rest (see Figure 4).
In the event you need to assemble the broadhead for your SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrow, follow these instructions.
WARNING! Broadhead blades are extremely sharp. Care should be taken to handle them as such. Mishandling will result in serious injury!
Hold the broadhead ferrule [A] in the up position.
Place the broadhead blades [B] pointing up and slide them into position under the trocar tip and carefully set them into the grooves of the ferrule.
Slide the retaining ring [C] up the bottom of the ferrule and lock the blades [B] in place. The ring should completely cover the bottom tabs of the blades.
Slide the washer [D] up the bottom of the ferrule next to the retaining ring.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be certain broadhead properly aligns with INsetBlade® Deployable Blades and vanes when screwed into arrow shaft.
WARNING! DO NOT STORE SLASH® INSETBLADE®ARROWS IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT AND/OR IN EXCESSIVE HEAT. FAILURE TO STORE THIS PRODUCT CORRECTLY MAY RESULT IN FAILURE OF THE ARROW SHAFT AND/OR THE RETENTION O-RING SYSTEM. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
KEEP BLADES OUT FRONT
SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrows are available in multiple sizes. It is extremely important to understand how a SLASH® INsetBlade® Arrow should be sized for proper and safe nocking/drawing (see Figure 5).
The INsetBlade® Deployable Blades (the blades within the arrow shaft must be securely fastened with Retention O-ring; see Figure 2) are similar to an expanding mechanical broadhead and must,at all times during the drawing and nocking process of the arrow, be in front of both the hand holding the bow and the arrow rest. DO NOT DRAW INSETBLADE® DEPLOYABLE BLADES THROUGH THE ARROW REST UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
WARNING! FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
RECOMMENDED ARROW SIZING
WARNING! YOU MUST USE ARROWS THAT ARE DESIGNED FOR YOUR SPECIFIC DRAW LENGTH. USING ARROWS THAT ARE TOO SHORT WILL RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE BOW AND SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY! FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Arrow should be cut such that the INsetBlade® Deployable Blades and broadhead are all in front of the hand holding the bow handle at full draw. The tabs of the INsetBlade® Deployable Blades should always be in front of the arrow rest.*
WARNING! DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF OVER-DRAW SYSTEM OR CROSSBOW WITH THIS ARROW.
The following are for sizing arrows. Actual cutting of arrow and proper size will be different for each archer and vary based on bow design, model and arrow rest (see Figure 5).
Do not size arrows too short at full draw.*
WARNING! DO NOT SIZE ARROW LESS THAN THE DRAW LENGTH OF THE BOW, MEASURING THE LENGTH OF THE ARROW FROM THE INSETBLADE® TABS TO THE NOCK OF THE ARROW.
||Total Shaft Length
Bows with set back rests which are set back more than 2", may cut arrows 2" longer than draw length.
INSTALLING RETENTION O-RING AND INSETBLADE® DEPLOYABLE BLADES
Install the Retention O-ring to secure INsetBlade® Deployable Blades. The INsetBlade® Deployable Blades must be fully closed, the broadhead removed from the arrow, and the Retention O-ring installed properly prior to use (see Figure 6).
WARNING! FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE SAFETY GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN THE INSETBLADE® DEPLOYABLE BLADES OPENING DURING THE DRAW CYCLE OR DURING FLIGHT AND MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
- Lock INsetBlade® Deployable Blades in place by closing the blades into the shaft.
- 2. Push the INsetBlade® tabs back slightly and down to lock the tips of the blades in position, completely flush with the arrow shaft.
- 3. Slide Retention O-ring over the shaft all the way back until it lies flat against the tabs as shown above, making certain it is not damaged or cut during installation (see Figure 6).
WARNING! PRIOR TO EACH USE, check the Retention O-ring for visible damage such as cracking, deformation, discoloration or any other condition that may affect its performance. If any of these conditions are present, DO NOT use. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious injury and/or property damage.
AMO DRAW LENGTH
AMO Draw length standard is a specified distance, or the distance at the archer’s full draw, from the nocking point on the string to the pivot point on the bow grip (or theoretical vertical projection of a tangency line to the pivot point parallel to the string) plus 1 ¾ inch. Draw length from pivot point shall be designed at DLPP and shall be called true draw length. It is of the at most importance that the user have their draw length measured by a competent archery pro shop prior to purchasing these arrows.
Two easy steps to completing your order.
1) Draw length - SLASH arrows are ordered by draw length AMO in inches. Your draw length is estimated at full draw, the length from the bowstring to the point just in front of riser as shown below. The image below shows an arrow with the proper draw length. If your current arrow is this length, simply measure your arrow in inches and order. By ordering the correct AMO draw length, your new SLASH arrows with the attached outsert (red for Magnum and Blue for Express) will be slightly longer to fit your bow.
2) Which arrow is best for deer hunting- Magnum, (red), or Express, (blue)? Most hunters find the following: Magnum for 60 to 80 pound draw weight and Express for 45 to 60 pound draw weight. Long draw, 30 to 31 inches - Magnum arrows (red). Short draw, 25 to 27 inches - Express arrows (blue). For big game- elk, bear, large wild boar- Magnum, the heavier arrow, is best.
Discount code can be entered at checkout, if available.
SLASH® EXPRESS 300 Arrows answer the demand for speed and Momentum Driven Performance, the best solution for hunters who want great shootability and accuracy. These small diameter 300 spine arrows feature the SLASH® INsetBlade® outsert. The EXPRESS EXP 300 is offered with a 3-blade, 60 grain, 7/8” cut broadhead, followed by 2 InsetBlades® with a 2 1/8” cut. This arrow provides excellent shootability for all bows and an all-around game arrow.
- Spine: 300
- Standard insert, fits any broadhead (insert is 8-32" thread)
- Hi Density 40 ton carbon for accuracy
- ID: .204 ("X" size nock)
- OD: .255
- Straightness: ±.003
- GPI: 11.1 (includes outsert with blades)
- Full Body Aluminum Outsert.
- Replaceable INsetBlades® (standard allen head shoulder bolt)
- 3 Hunting Arrows.
- 2 are INsetBlade® Hunting Arrows.
- 1 is a weighted the same as the INsetBlade® arrows for practice or hunting, with standard insert to fit any field tip or broadhead.
- 3 - 60 grain broadheads, 7/8" cut, fitted to INsetBlade® Arrows and weighted arrow.
- 1- 60 grain practice tip.
- 12 O rings calibrated for the SLASH® Arrow.
- 2" Blazer® Vanes
- SLASH® 60 grain Broadhead. You may also fit your own broadhead.
- Revolutionary INsetBlade® Deployable Blades Technology.
- 275% larger wound channel.
- High Density 40 ton Carbon Fiber shaft.
- Matching weight of both types of hunting arrows.
- Double Walled Carbon Fiber and Aluminum in the 4" section for INsetBlades®.
Disclaimer: By adding to cart, you agree that you have ensured your selected Draw Length is correct, that you have read the safety manual and understand our return policy.